What is UVU Temps?
UVU Temps provides short-term employment opportunities for positions on-campus for events, seasonal, one-time project work, and to fill needed staffing shortages due to employee absences or turnover. Job types and schedules vary based on need. Check the open positions website at http://www.uvu.jobs/ .
Benefits of being a part of UVU Temps include:
- Exposure to a variety of departments and jobs at Utah Valley University
- Opportunity to begin developing a career and gain experience in higher education
- Flexibility to work shifts that fit with your schedule
- Continue to sharpen your skills and gain meaningful work experience
- Temporary way to earn extra money
UVU Temps that meet the specified job qualifications will be assigned to a department
as needed. Job assignments are not guaranteed on a continuous basis.
Duration of job assignments can range in length from half a day to a week, a month, or several months, but are limited to no more than 1500 accumulated hours per year. If you are identified as a match for an available temporary assignment, you will be contacted directly. However, there is no guarantee of placement in a temporary position. Supervisors may also request to interview directly for some positions from the temp pool. Payment for hours worked will be processed along with the standard UVU payroll cycle with pay dates on the 1st and 16th of each month.
How do I apply to become a temp?
- Go to: www.uvu.jobs
- Create an application.
- Create Username and Password for log-in
- Complete the UVU application (will be repeatedly used for most job types.)
- On upper left-hand corner, select “Search Postings”
- Search by “Job Category” and select “Temps” from the drop-down menu
- On the Job Details page review positions and then select “Apply for this Posting”
- Attach any required documents
If you are invited into our temporary employee pool, you will need to fill out paperwork and provide the necessary legal documents required. Additional instructions will be provided upon completion of the paperwork and E-verify confirmation. (UVU Temps may also be subject to an additional background check.) No work is guaranteed at any point of the process. Completing the hiring steps qualify you to be on the call list for shifts as opportunities became available.
For additional questions, please contact us at (801) 863-8207 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also visit us at the UVU Human Resources office on the main Utah Valley University campus (Browning Administration Building Room 110). For directions to our office please see the campus map. www.uvu.edu/maps/