Promoting Innovation in Teaching & Learning
Innovation in Instruction and Technology leverages innovative educational approaches
and new technologies to promote effective and efficient teaching and learning across
the curriculum. We are part of the UVU Distance Education department.
Role and Aims
- Improve teaching and learning across the curriculum through innovative application
of instructional technology and educational theory.
- Provide a staffed faculty lab for learning and teaching design.
- Encourage conservation of campus resources by promoting alternative teaching approaches
that leverage technology, e.g. by supporting hybrid course development.
- Instill faculty confidence and remove barriers to innovative uses of technology by
providing personal, relevant consultation, training, and support,
- Help meet regional education needs by encouraging sharing of UVU scholarly and creative
work and consulting with statewide institutions and organizations.