The University Planning Advisory Committee (UPAC) is established under the direction
of the President and serves in an advisory capacity to the President and his Cabinet
on planning matters. UPAC’s responsibilities include:
- Evaluating accomplishment of the Core Themes Objectives and Administrative Imperatives
Objectives through meaningful, assessable, and verifiable indicators.
- Assessing and updating UVU’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOTs).
- Assessing “whether UVU is achieving a minimum threshold of overall performance in
fulfilling its mission” (UVU Year One Self-Evaluation Report for NWCCU).
- Identifying specific Objectives-focused improvement.
- Establishing communication practices to increase the dissemination of information
from upper administration to the broader campus community and to offer opportunity
for input by constituencies.
- Reviewing new and revised major unit master plans (including facilities and academic
- Providing feedback for the Planning, Budgeting, and Assessment (PBA) process.
- Aligning UVU planning efforts with USHE initiatives.
Additionally, the President may identify other specific planning activities for UPAC.