Interested in expanding your education globally?
The International Center in partnership with Internship Services encourage you to explore the possibilities of an International Internship. An international experience could make all the difference in obtaining the career position you desire in the future. Start exploring the opportunities and make a plan for an international internship.
While International Study Programs (ISP) maintains connections with international internship options from around the world, there are many UVU faculty, staff, and community members who have international connections. In preparing for an international internship,
be sure to explore possibilities with campus and community contacts.
If you would like information about prospective internship placements please click here.
Follow UVU students as they intern abroad at the UVU International Study Programs Blog.
Scholarships and other funding options here.
International Internship Student Checklist (information posted below as well)
Proposal for an International Internship
Explore & Identify International Internship Opportunities
- Meet with an International Study Programs (ISP) advisor to discuss international internship options. International Center,
WB 147, 801-863-8342, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with an Internship Services advisor, who may have additional information regarding an international internship. Internship Services, LC 409, 801-863-6589, email@example.com
- Begin internship process six months prior to the beginning of the internship:
Fall Semester — February, Spring Semester — June, Summer Semester — October
Preparing for the Internship
- Meet with a counselor from Career Developement Center to get coaching on cover letter writing, resume writing,
- Prepare application materials (cover letter, resume, writing sample, letters of recommendation).
- Meet with your Department Internship Coordinator to make sure the internship fits with your department's
- Review application materials with ISP advisor. Discuss financial aid options.
Applying for the Internship
- Complete online application, pay application fee.
- ISP advisor submits materials to potential host offices.
- Send follow-up emails to host office as directed by the ISP advisor.
- Complete the online orientation at www.uvu.edu/internships/students/orientation.html
- Once internship placement has been finalized, work with the ISP advisor to make travel plans,housing arrangements, visa arrangements, and register for international travel insurance. Attend pre-departure seminars. Complete all other
- Register for credit with Department Internship Coordinator and complete the required learning agreement.