More information can be found at http://www.uvu.edu/internships/
• Self-employment is not eligible for internship credit.
• Your mentor must have at least a four-year degree in your specific area of study or, at minimum, 5 years professional experience directly in the industry. (in some disciplines a BFA is required)
• You must complete your internship with a mentor with a four-year degree in your specific area of study and, at minimum, 3+ years fulltime, professional experience directly in the industry. And if you are in the BFA program, the same educational equivalent.
• The employer should provide you with a place to work and necessary equipment. For instance, you should not have to bring your own laptop to work on, etc.
• Before the internship begins, you should agree with your employer regarding whether your internship is paid or unpaid and, if paid, to an hourly rate and pay schedule.
• Your responsibilities should align with the coursework you have already completed. They must also relate to your educational emphasis.
• Your responsibilities should be substantive. A job where you primarily answer the phone, for instance, would not be substantive.
• Your site supervisor should give you structured, regular, feedback on all projects and work.
• Consult with your academic advisor to ensure that any internship credits you earn will count towards your degree/graduation requirements.
• Any fraudulent, inaccurate, incomplete or non-verifiable information relating to your internship will likely result in you not earning credit for the internship.
□ Step 1 - Fill out digital Internship Proposal Form!
All of the fields will need to answered to submit the form. The description of internship duties is crucial; your coordinator will be contacting your supervisor. You will be notified by email, within a week, of the decision of your proposal.
□ Step 2 – Fill out the Internship Application Form!
Upon approval you will be emailed the link to the Application form, you will need to provide the email addresses for your Internship Mentor, Advisor and Teacher. This is how they will be signing and approving the application form. If you have questions call 801-863-5712 or email Christina.Ruth@uvu.edu
□ Step 3 – Register for the class!
Upon Internship Application approval, you will be notified by email. A place will be opened for you to register for the appropriate class.
□ Step 4 - Register on Canvas!
Once you have registered for your class, you can then log onto your Canvas and complete your mandatory Internship Orientation and Learning Agreement. And begin your internship class course