"Class projects" refers to any class-related project or assignment that involves human participants that are conducted primarily for the purpose of evaluating learning (a grade) or teaching students to do research. The Institutional Review Board must be notified by submission of a Request for Class Project Waiver of IRB Application form before the class project begins, to ensure that the project does not require IRB oversight. The intent of the waiver is to improve communication between the instructor and the IRB in determining which projects shall require IRB oversight, and to assist the student in completing his or her project in an efficient and effective manner.
- Request for Class Project Waiver of IRB Application
- IRB Guidance for Student Research and Class Projects
- Letter of Introduction for a Student Class Project Involving Human Subjects
- IRB Student Class Project Decision Tree
- Classroom Projects Involving Human Subjects
- Statement on Class Projects Involving Human Subject Research