How to Apply for the Integrated Studies Program
Thank you for your interest in the Integrated Studies program at Utah Valley University. This page will provide with with the information needed to walk you through the application process. Please review the information on this page before scheduling an appointment with our advisor.
- You must be accepted to Utah Valley University in order to enter the Integrated Studies program. To enroll at UVU, please go here.
- You must have a total GPA of 2.5 or above and have successfully completed Math 1010 & English 1010 or equivalent courses.
Before You Begin the Application Process or Meet With the IS AdvisorThe following are a few things that you should do before you fill out the Integrated Studies application or schedule an advising appointment.
- When you have familiarized yourself with the program basics you are ready to meet with the Integrated Studies advisor. You can schedule an appointment with our advisor by calling 801.863.8455 or by emailing email@example.com.
After meeting with the IS academic advisor, you will be ready to fill out the official application form, which lays out all the courses required for graduation as an Integrated Studies major. Be attentive to the requirements for each of your emphases, and to the IS core. Note that the upper-division philosophy or theory courses should correlate with your emphases (the course, Business and Professional Ethics, for instance, is a good complement to a Business Management emphasis, Aesthetics for English or Dance, Biomedical Ethics for Community Health or Biology, and so on).
In your admission essay, demonstrate that you can write well, that the degree is a good fit for you, and that you understand the requirement of a senior project/thesis that integrates your two emphases. The topic you propose in your essay may change before you start writing your thesis, but it is good for you to begin thinking about topics early.
After you turn in your application form and essay, the Integrated Studies director will review your application materials and make a recommendation.
Application Forms and Packet Materials
All students applying for the Integrated Studies program need to complete and submit an application packet. This packet includes:
- Application and course planning form. You may want to schedule an appointment with the Integrated Studies advisor to help fill this out. Call 801-863-8455 to schedule and appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Essay (click to download instructions). This essay helps us to determine whether or not the Integrated Studies program will work for you.
Note: An Application Bundle is available. This includes a brief description of Integrated Studies, the application form, and essay instructions in a single pdf document.
Application Deadlines and Acceptance NoticesApplication deadlines are based on when you wish to begin the IS program. For example, if you wish to begin taking IS courses in the Fall, you should have your application packet submitted by the Fall deadline, which is the second Tuesday in October. You can take IS courses before you are accepted into the program as long as you meet course prerequisites or get advisor approval.
Questions? Concerns? Give us a call at 801.863.5888 or come by and see us on the Library's 5th Floor, North End .
Beginning FALL Semester: 2nd Tuesday in October
Acceptance Notices Posted: First Thursday in November
Beginning SPRING Semester: 2nd Tuesday in February
Acceptance Notices Posted: First Thursday in March
Beginning SUMMER Semester: 2nd Tuesday in June
Acceptance Notices Posted: First Thursday in July