Intersections is a student journal sponsored by UVU's Integrated Studies Department which provides exemplary students from multiple disciplines the opportunity to publish in a peer-edited journal. Intersections is written, edited, and designed by UVU students and published each Fall and Spring semester.
Submitting An Article For Publication
Each editorial team makes its own decisions about what will be published. As a rule, publications come from Integrated Studies students who have written their Senior Thesis or any students who are engaged in interdisciplinary research/writing even if they are not a part of the Integrated Studies program. If you're interested in submitting something, contact Mark Olson at 801.863.5888 or email the Intersections staff at: Intersections2016@gmail.com.
• Submissions should include a short statement (no more than 300 words) demonstrating the interdisciplinary nature of the work.
• Submissions may include artwork, poetry, creative non-fiction, or essays.
• There is no limit on the number of submissions by authors.
• Written submissions are limited to 4,500 words, exclusive of the bibliography.
• Because this is an interdisciplinary journal, authors may use any citation style appropriate to their discipline.
• The submission deadline for Fall 2016 is September 28th.
Publication in Intersections is competitive. Publication decisions by the editorial team shall be final.
Getting Involved as an Editor
Getting involved with Intersections is a great way to add practical experience to your resume or vita. You'll become familiar with the process of choosing academic papers & creative works for publication, and determining which ones most perfectly show the integration of multiple disciplines. You'll also learn to work as part of an editorial team and make submissions conform to publication standards. Finally, many Intersections teams do the technical layout and design by themselves and this knowledge (using tools like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is highly marketable.