How to Add Content to UVU on iTunes
How do I get my content on the site?
In order to contribute content to UVU on iTunes U you must fill out a Content Submission Form
and work with a gatekeeper
. You department gatekeeper will help you get your content posted in iTunes U. To
find out who is your department gatekeeper, view the department gatekeepers page
My department doesn't have a gatekeeper. What do I do?
If your department doesn't have a gatekeeper yet, or if you would like to become a gatekeeper for your department
, please contact Mallory Snyder
What kind of files can I submit?
Content should be in one of the following formats:
- Audio - .mp3, .m4a
- Apple recommends the following specifications:
- Audio Format: Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC (Music)
- Data Rate: Up to 160 Kbps
- Channels: Stereo in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov formats
- Output Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Encoding Quality: Better
- Video - .mp4, .m4v, .mov
- Apple recommends using MPEG-4 with H.264 compression with the following specifications:
- Video Format: MPEG-4 with H.264
- Data Rate: Up to 1.5 Mbps
- Image Size: 640 x 480 pixels
- Frame Rate: 30 frames per second
- Key Frame: Every 24 frames
- Audio Tracks: Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps
For more details on supported file formats, view the iTunes U Administration Guide.
- iTunes U can also be used to share PDF documents and electronic publication (.epub) files.
What do I need to provide?
You should provide the content itself in audio
, or PDF/ePub
format, the title, subtitle, and description of the content, and (if possible) artwork
for the content. View the artwork page
for details about creating album art.