What is a Learning Community?
Learning Communities consist of two courses linked together to explore common themes
and encourage partnerships with professors and peers. Learning Community students
and faculty participate as a group in rewarding community engagement projects.
Participation in a Learning Community offers a number of benefits, all of which help
promote your academic and social success at UVU. As with any endeavor you undertake,
what you get out of it depends on what you put into it, but the potential benefits
- Enhanced academic and social opportunities
- Improved GPA
- Improved connection to faculty and other students
- Greater involvement in learning
- Increased satisfaction with your UVU experience
- Increased persistence to graduation