Ask a Librarian
Ask A Librarian Guidelines
Who may use this service?
The Ask A Librarian service is available for all current UVU students, faculty, and staff. We will also answer questions specifically about the university or about unique resource of the UVU Library for those who are not affiliated with the university.
We will make every attempt to respond to questions with 24-48 hours, excluding weekends and university holidays. In some cases, we may need clarification to accurately answer questions, and contacting the person submitting the question may slow the response. Other questions may be forwarded to another campus department as appropriate. You will be notified when questions are forwarded.
The Library will provide answers for short, factual questions. These questions may include such information as follows:
- citation verification,
- dates for historical events,
- address and telephone numbers for organizations,
- checking the catalog to determine if we own a book,
- short list of places to begin looking for information on your topic,
- places to go for assistance.
The Ask A Librarian services is not intended to replace the services available in the Library. Therefore, services which are not available include the following:
- in depth research questions,
- lists of information (i.e, articles for your topic),
- general or open ended questions,
- document delivery services (i.e., finding, copying, and delivering articles)
- holds and renewals for circulating materials.
To request Interlibrary Loan materials, complete the form located on the homepage.
For placing holds, renewing materials, and inquiring about reserve materials, contact the Circulation desk at (801) 863-8886.