Scholars' Open ArchiveIntroducing a new service for faculty and staff to openly share research:
UVU Library is offering an exciting new online service called "Scholars' Open Archive." It allows any UVU faculty or staff member to create an open access showcase of his or her research including, but not limited to, previously published pieces. The results are indexed in Google and other search engines, allowing for greater visibility for both the individual and the institution.
Scholars’ Open Archive provides:
- open access to research, including articles, preprints, presentations, courses, and chapters;
- sites that are easy for faculty or staff to create, customize, and manage themselves;
- ability to accept materials in multiple media formats, such as audio, video, and PowerPoint;
- usage and download statistics.
Create your own site and start sharing your research with others:
- Go to the Scholars' Open Archive. Click on "My Account" and then sign up under "Create an Account." You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Once you get a confirmation email, follow the link and click on "Start a Site."
- You may now build your site. Type in your institution, "Utah Valley University," then add information such as your photo, curriculum vita, research interests, suggested subject headings, and so on. Be sure to click "Update Site" each time you make a change.
- You now have the basic site, to which you can start adding scholarly content such as articles and presentations.
See some other great examples of SelectedWorks sites: