Scholars' Open ArchiveIntroducing a new service for faculty and staff to openly share research:
UVU Library is offering an exciting new online service called "Scholars' Open Archive."
It allows any UVU faculty or staff member to create an open access showcase of his
or her research including, but not limited to, previously published pieces. The results
are indexed in Google and other search engines, allowing for greater visibility for
both the individual and the institution.
Scholars’ Open Archive provides:
- open access to research, including articles, preprints, presentations, courses, and
- sites that are easy for faculty or staff to create, customize, and manage themselves;
- ability to accept materials in multiple media formats, such as audio, video, and PowerPoint;
- usage and download statistics.
Create your own site and start sharing your research with others:
- Go to the Scholars' Open Archive. Click on "My Account" and then sign up under "Create
an Account." You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Once you get a confirmation email, follow the link and click on "Start a Site."
- You may now build your site. Type in your institution, "Utah Valley University," then
add information such as your photo, curriculum vita, research interests, suggested
subject headings, and so on. Be sure to click "Update Site" each time you make a change.
- You now have the basic site, to which you can start adding scholarly content such
as articles and presentations.
See some other great examples of SelectedWorks sites:
For additional information and assistance:
- Please contact Catherine McIntyre at (801) 863-8821 or by email at email@example.com;
- Visit the Selected Works Users' Guide and FAQ section.