Library Building Use Guidelines
Group Study Room Guidelines
The UVU Library has 26 study rooms. The primary purpose of these rooms is to support
Library classes, functions, meetings, and programs and are available for use by members
of the university campus.
- The Library is not responsible for unattended items.
- The study rooms may be reserved using our online scheduling software. Students and groups are limited to one reservation of no more than four hours per
twenty-four hour period.
- Reservations that exceed four hours will be deleted. This includes reservations made
by members of the same group for blocks of time larger than four hours.
- Reservations may be made up to four days in advance.
- Groups have priority over individuals.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum so as not to interrupt the study environment.
Offenders may be asked to leave. Study Room doors must remain closed to minimize interruptions.
- In the event that a study room is not claimed by the reservation holder within 15
minutes of the beginning of their reservation, the room will become available on a
first come, first served basis to any group or individual.
- Group study names should follow common decency standards. Reservations with inappropriate
names will be deleted.
- Rooms cannot be scheduled by staff or faculty to hold "office hours" over the course
of a semester. Occasional student-faculty meetings can be accommodated.
Media Viewing Room Guidelines
- Maintain appropriate public behavior
- Capacity: 2 -6 people. Not intended for single occupancy. Individuals should use viewing
stations on the second floor.
- Groups without media viewing needs should schedule a group study room on the third,
fourth, or fifth floor.
- The room's equipment must be in use in order to occupy room.
- Keep noise levels to a minimum to avoid interrupting the surrounding study environment.
Keep door closed when in use. Rooms are not soundproofed.
- Food purchased off campus (such as pizza) is not allowed in media viewing rooms. No
- Rooms must be scheduled using our online scheduling software. You may schedule up
to two, two-hour blocks for a total of four hours in any 24 hour period.
- The Library is not responsible for unattended items.
- If a reserved study room remains unoccupied within 15 minutes of the reservation,
the room will become available on a first come, first served basis.
Equipment available in the media viewing rooms includes the following:
- Hi-definition widescreen television
- Surround sound
- Blu-Ray, DVD, and VHS player
General Room Use
Patrons have a responsibility to use the Library in a manner promoting a safe, secure,
open, and supportive environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. UVU Library
users play an important role in creating a positive experience in the Library. Please
help us make the library an enjoyable and productive place for all users.
In order to protect your right of access, promote your safety, and protect Library
resources and facilities, the Library prohibits activities that present health or
security risks, damage Library resources, disrupt the normal flow of Library operations
or are illegal.
For your safety and security:
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended at any time.
- Campus guidelines require that any filming be scheduled through the Campus Scheduler.
- Bicycles are not allowed inside the building.
- Roller blades and skateboards must not be used inside the building or at entrances.
- Parents are responsible for their children's safety and behavior.
- Suspicious or threatening behavior and accidents should be reported to Library staff
- Library users should refrain from behaviors or actions that could endanger their safety
or the safety of others.
For protection of the Library collections, facility, and equipment:
- Theft, vandalism, graffiti, and other intentional damage to Library property and collections
are criminal activities punishable by law.
- Library equipment should be used with care.
- Library staff should be alerted to missing items in collections.
- Service animals are allowed in the Library, but not pets.
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco are prohibited.
In consideration of others:
- Show respect and courtesy for other Library users and Library staff.
- Return borrowed materials on time, unmarked and undamaged.
- Refrain from unreasonable disruptive behavior that affects others' use and enjoyment
of the Library.
- Respect designated "Quiet" and "Group Study" areas.
- Be aware that some material available on the Web may offend other Library users; be
considerate of those around you when viewing Web site in public computer areas.
- Cell phone conversations should be conducted outside the Library or in areas such
as lobbies were no one will be disturbed.
The Library has a number of rooms available for non-Library use. These rooms include
the Lecture Hall, Timpanogos Room, Lakeview Room, Seminar Rooms (211, 213, and 502),
and Instruction Labs (205, 206, and 207). Other areas may be scheduled for Library
functions only. All university space-scheduling policies (425) apply to these rooms. The Library reserves the right to deny access to these rooms
if the group does not comply with UVU Room Scheduling Policies.
The following rules apply to all rooms:
- Activities planned in the Library should be appropriate to the setting. Excessive
noise and activity will not be permitted.
- Room capacities must be observed and those making reservations should not reserve
a room if there is a possibility that capacities will be exceeded.
- No outside food and drink are allowed in the Library for scheduled events. Any and
all food must be scheduled through the Dining Services Office.
- No group may use any of these rooms for the purposed of selling or promoting a product.
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- On-going or regularly scheduled activities should use other facilities on campus.