Confidentiality of Records
Last Update: April 13, 2004
- The UVU Library is committed to preserving the privacy of all users in compliance
with federal and state laws and professional standards.
- The Library will not reveal the identities of individual users or reveal what Library
materials are, or have been, checked out to any individual.
- The Library will adhere to the librarians' professional Code of Ethics, which states
that we will "protect each library user's right to privacy and confidentiality with
respect to information sought or received, and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired,
- Confidential records will not be released or made available in any format to a federal
agent, law enforcement officer, or other person unless a proper court order is presented.
- The Library needs to retain specific information for the regular operation of Library
business. Archives of information that reveal identities of individuals are kept only
when clearly necessary