Electronic Reserve Guidelines for Faculty
Last Update: June 13, 2012
- Submit reserve items in advance
- All items are processed on a first come first serve basis. Due to the volume of items
we receive at the beginning of the semester, it is advised that you submit your readings,
syllabi and other course materials as early as possible to ensure that they are available
to your students when needed.
- Make sure your copies are clean, clear, and not double sided.
- Please make sure your copies are free of black edges. We are able to scan an item
more quickly if we do not have to cut, crop, and recopy the readings ourselves. Clear
copies insure that the file size will remain small enough for students to download
- All reserve items must have the original title page and copyright page.
- Readings can be put on Electronic Reserve for 1 semester only without copyright permission.
Documents that need to be put on reserve for 2 or more semesters need copyright clearance.
- Reserve request form is required
- Submit a Reserve Request Form per course for each item:
- All ERES pages are archived at the end of each semester.
More information about electronic reserves can be found on our Course Reserves page