The Library offers off campus access to many of our databases and journals. In order
to be able to use these resources from home:
- You must currently be taking classes at Utah Valley University or be a current faculty or staff member to access databases
and electronic journals from off-campus.
- Make sure you are using the correct login. You will need to use the same login you
use to access computers on campus. Contact the Reference Desk at (801) 863-8840 or
chat with a reference librarian for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I keep getting "Incorrect Username/UVID or Password. Please try again." message. What's
- The Library databases authenticate with the same use account name and password as
you use to access UVLink. On rare occasions, an account may need to be "synchronized"
by the Information Technology Helpdesk. To reach them, call the IT Helpdesk at (801)
- If you've had Campus IT synchronize your account, and you still cannot access the
Library databases, call (801) 863-8840, and the reference librarian will put you in
contact with a systems librarian to resolve the problem.
- Why doesn't my bookmark to an article work?
- Due to licensing agreements, you need to access the databases through the Library's
web site. Retrace your steps by starting at the Library's web site, selecting the
database, and entering your login information to connect to the database again where
you can then search for the title of the article or use the same keywords you did
to find the article previously.
- Why doesn't my standard login work?
- Students: You must currently be taking classes to have access to Library computers and databases.
- Faculty/Staff: If your password has expired or are using the grace logins to access the computers
on campus, you will need to change your password to get access. Contact the Help Desk
at (801) 863-8888 to determine if your password has expired.
- Why do I get the 'Page Not Found' or a "menu.htm" page?
- Try closing your browser, reopening it, and redoing the search. If the problem persists,
please call (801) 863-8840.
- I'm getting a message that says "You have exceeded the download maximum for this database..."
What do I do?
- Contact our systems department at (801) 863-8155 to reinstate your account.
- What does the message "within this database's section of exproxy.cfg, the following
line must be added" mean?
- For this error, we must enter this database into our system. Contact our systems department
at (801) 863-8155 with the specific database you were accessing.
All Utah citizens may use Pioneer, which provides access to over 20 databases with
references and full text articles. You will need a public library card and access
information from your local public library. See your local public library or pioneer.utah.gov
for more information.