UVU Math 2020 Course Resources
UVU Math 2020 Objectives
Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I Course Objectives
- Convert measurements within a system of measurement and from one system of measurement
- Find the perimeter and area of plane figures.
- Identify basic geometric figures and solids and their properties.
- Solve triangle problems involving the concepts of congruence and similarity.
- Do elementary geometric constructions using a variety of tools. Solve applied right
triangle problems using the Pythagorean Theorem. Graph a linear equation in the Cartesian
- Solve applied problems involving probability, permutations and combinations, and mathematical
expectation. Summarize data in frequency distributions and stem-and-leaf plots. Find
measures of central tendency such as the mean, median, and mode. Find measures of
dispersion such as the range and standard deviation.
- Identify symmetries of plane figures. Draw and analyze tessellations based on various
- Find the surface area and volume of solids.
- Perform basic isometries of the plane.
The second semester of the mathematics course for elementary teachers; includes topics
on probability, statistics, geometry and measurement.
Sample 2020 Syllabus (PDF format, word format)
Sample 2020 Homework Set (PDF format, word format)
Course Coordinator for Faculty Resources
Contact Dr. Vivienne Faurot, firstname.lastname@example.org