UVU Math 6350 Course Resources
UVU Math 6350 Objectives
Combinatorics Course Objectives
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Apply the pigeonhole principle and related basic counting techniques.
- Enumerate permutations and combinations of sets and multi-sets.
- Apply the inclusion-exclusion principle.
- Solve problems using recurrence relations.
- Solve problems by generating functions.
- Use the generating functions to solve problems.
- Solve problems using Polya theory.
- Apply basic combinatorial structures.
Enumerates permutations and combinations of sets and multi-sets, inclusion-exclusion,
recurrence relations, generating functions, Polya theory, and combinatorial structures.
Licensed Secondary Teacher Mathematics Endorsement Level 4 State of Utah and/or permission