The Math Lab seeks to develop each student's ability to understand and apply mathematical
principles and knowledge through tutoring, resources, and programs, which are offered
in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
Our Culture of Learning
The UVU Math Lab is a drop-in study space dedicated to helping students develop their
learning skills, mathematical abilities, and to reduce mathematics anxiety. The Math
Lab is a great place to work on homework, where tutors can answer questions as they
arise. Additionally, students are welcome to discuss homework exercises with fellow
Our highly qualified math tutors are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point average
and have completed higher mathematics courses beyond College Algebra. Their mathematics
experience is in pursuit of such fields as Math Education, Engineering, Physics, Business,
Actuarial Science, and even pure Mathematics. Further, each tutor is required to complete
the nationally recognized College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) Tutor Training
Certification Program. Through this program, our tutors are trained to support student
learning through mentoring, coaching, and modeling effective learning strategies in
addition to using their exceptional knowledge of mathematics.
- Students check in and out using the self check out service.
- Textbooks, solution manuals, calculators, and other tools are available to check out
while in the lab.
- The Math Lab has 10 computers available for students to complete computer-based homework
assignments with software such as MyMathLab, WileyPlus, and PHStat.
- Appointments for private tutoring available.
- Please note that tutors cannot assist students with any take-home exams or make-up assignments which earn test credit.
Liberal Arts Building