How to apply for a tutor position:
Submit a Student Employment Application, through the Human Resources Job Board. Priority
will be given to qualified work study applicants. Contact the Financial Aid office
to find out if you are eligible for work study.
to search job postings.
Submit the following required documents with your application:
- Unofficial copy of transcripts that show your grades in the applicable math courses.
- One letter of recommendation from math instructor or a previous employer of a closely
- Grade of B or higher in College Algebra and one of the following courses: Calculus I, Principles of Statistics, Math for Elementary
Teachers I & II
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills
- Sensitive to student learning needs
- Applicants with knowledge of linear algebra, differential equations, abstract algebra,
math for elementary ed, and/or numerical analysis will be given preference.
- Tutoring drop-in students in math subjects--usually ranging from pre-algebra to calculus.
- Helping to advertise the lab by assisting at booth events, etc.
- Become level three certified in the College Reading & Learning Association tutor training
Benefits of Being a Tutor: