How to apply for a tutor position:
Submit a Student Employment Application, through the Human Resources Job Board. Priority
will be given to qualified work study applicants. Contact the Financial Aid office
to find out if you are eligible for work study.
to search job postings.
- Grade of B or higher in College Algebra and one of the following courses: Calculus I, Principles of Statistics, Statistics for
the Behavioral Sciences, Math for Elementary Teachers I & II
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills
- Sensitive to student learning needs
- Applicants with knowledge of Statistics, Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, Math
for Elementary Ed I & II, and/or 3000+ level MATH classes will be given preference.
- Once an application is accepted, the candidate will have to pass a College Algebra
exam in order to qualify for an interview. A careful review of that content is highly
recommended. Videos are available under our "UVU Resources" tab and textbooks are
available to borrow in the lab.
Submit the following required documents with your application:
- Unofficial copy of transcripts that show your grades in the applicable math courses
- One letter of recommendation from math instructor or a previous employer of a closely
- Tutoring drop-in students in math subjects--usually ranging from pre-algebra to calculus.
- Helping to advertise the lab by assisting at booth events, etc.
- Become level three certified in the College Reading & Learning Association tutor training
Benefits of Being a Tutor: