Study only what you don't know and skip what you already know.
- Review and learn mathematics at your own pace using computer software
- Find and fill in the gaps in your mathematics knowledge through diagnostic testing
- Free tutoring and other resources available to help you succeed
- Motivated students can complete more than one course level in a semester
Math Pass is an individualized mathematics review course that meets one hour a week for a 7-week block. Attendance is required to get a passing grade. You should also plan on AT LEAST THREE HOURS A WEEK OUTSIDE OF CLASS. Students can complete one or more math levels in a single block and repeat the Math Pass course to complete additional levels in a semester.
Math Pass is ideal for students who:
- need to fill in gaps in math understanding
- are self-disciplined and can manage time wisely
To be eligible for Math Pass, a student should have:
- previously passed a college level math course, OR
- Taken Algebra II or higher in high school, but need to review math concepts, OR
- previously placed into MAT1010 with the ACT/ACCUPLACER
What is the cost?
The cost is one credit hour of tuition plus $10 for the computer software. There is no textbook.
How do I register for Math Pass?
What if I need help?
- Online tutorials
- Individualized tutoring by request
- Open computer lab with tutors
- Math Lab drop-in help
Students may complete MAT 0950, MAT 0990, MAT 1010, and MATH 1050 within one semester depending on their motivation, concept mastery, and diligence.
Click HERE for more information on getting MATH 1050 credit through Math Pass