Cultural Diversity Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide students an opportunity to attend Utah
Valley University. It is a needs-based scholarship, so specific factors are considered
in order to be awarded this scholarship.
- Student must be a UTAH resident
- Students must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Student must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours
- FAFSA or FAFSA 4caster printed output is required
- Requires an essay – one page stating your cultural background, how you can help other
multicultural students to succeed at UVU, what you would do to promote academic, professional,
and personal growth for your culture group or minorities.
Pre-selected scholarship students must interview with the Multicultural Center for
final award determination and they must also attend a three-day orientation workshop
prior to the start of Fall semester.
- This scholarship award consists of two 1/2 tuition waivers; one for the Fall semester
and one for the Spring semester
- If you are applying for the Fall semester, you are eligible to receive this award
- There is always a waiting list. If you are interested in applying for the Spring,
the only option is to get on the waiting list as soon as possible. There is NO Spring
- To get on the waiting list or for questions about the waiting list process, visit
the Scholarships office located in BA-105, or contact them at (801) 863-8443
- As scholarships become available due to scholarship recipients NOT fulfilling the
necessary requirements, then students will be awarded according to the waiting list.
* Students on the waiting list MUST also have attended the UVU ASCENDS Conference,
and all paperwork must be complete.
Requirements (if awarded the diversity scholarship):
- Attend our Summer Survivor Scholarship Recipient Orientation that is held the week
before Fall semester begins. Mark your calendar, because it is mandatory!
- New students must be available to be mentored by a continuing student. Continuing
students must be available to mentor a new student. This will be done by filling out
a Mentor Follow-up sheet that needs to be turned into the Multicultural Center monthly.
- Each student must meet with their Multicultural advisor each month and fill out a
Monthly Visit Form with the advisor
- Each student must attend one academic workshop during the Fall and one during the
- Each student must complete and submit a midterm progress report for the months of
October and February.
- Each student must attend and volunteer 1-2 hours at a Multicultural event once a month.
Sign-up sheets are always available at the front desk in the Multicultural office.
How to apply:
Prior to applying for the scholarship, you must be admitted to UVU and have a permanent
UV ID. If you need to apply for Admission, go to www.uvu.edu/admissions/ and click
on the semester you are applying for. Please remember, if you are applying for Spring
and you would like to be considered for this scholarship, you will need to talk to
the Scholarships office about submitting your name to the waiting list. They will
require a copy of the scholarship essay requirement to be emailed, or brought in on
an external jump drive. If you are applying for the upcoming Fall semester, please
submit your admission application two weeks prior to the scholarship application deadline.
If you are currently a concurrent enrollment student at UVU, you have already been
- Log into your UVLink account, and click on the Student tab
- Select the Student Services & Financial Aid folder
- Choose the Financial Aid subfolder
- Click on the My Financial Aid menu and select 2012-2013 Scholarship Application. Scholarship
applications for the 2013-2014 school years will not be available to new students
until mid-November 2012 and for continuing students in mid-January 2013.
- Follow the prompted instructions to fill out your scholarship application.
- If you have been selected for the Cultural Diversity scholarship, you will be notified
during the spring 2013 semester.
February 1st for Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students (*online applications are
available mid November prior to the upcoming Fall semester.) March 1st for Continuing
Students (*online applications are available mid January prior to the upcoming Fall
semester.) If you have any questions regarding this scholarship, please contact the
Scholarships office at (801) 863-8443, or visit them in BA-105.