The Department of Music promotes student success through innovative programs that
enhance musical creativity, hone performance expertise, and sustain high standards
of academic excellence. World-class faculty provide learning opportunities essential
to the professional competency of music students as they prepare for an increasingly
global marketplace. The department engages diverse audiences through performances
and activities representing an array of musical styles and traditions.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer the highest quality of education for students pursuing undergraduate programs
in music performance, commercial music, music education, liberal arts in music, and
integrated studies with a music emphasis.
- Provide an inviting, safe, and healthy environment that promotes academic excellence
and musical creativity.
- Provide general music studies and performance opportunities to all students on campus.
- Foster an open and inclusive environment that engages traditional and non-traditional
students, celebrates diversity, and promotes understanding of a variety of musical
styles and cultures.
- Promote a supportive and stimulating environment within the department that encourages
students and faculty to explore creativity and innovation at their highest professional