AS in Music
Associate of Science in Music
A two-year program that offers foundational studies in musicianship and performance.
Prepares students for continuation in a four-year degree program in music.
AS in Music Degree Planner
Completion of the program requires students to demonstrate the following:
- Identify elements and organizational patterns of music through aural and visual analysis
- Display knowledge of musical forms and processes through compositional, analytical
and performance activities
- Demonstrate keyboard skills in the theoretical areas of scales, chord progressions,
harmonization, transposition, and improvisation
- Demonstrate technical and stylistic capabilities for the major instrument or voice
- Prepare solo and ensemble performances that demonstrate creative expression and interpretation