Music at Utah Valley University
Thank you for your interest in the Music Department at Utah Valley University! As a major or non-major music student, we offer you a host of performing opportunities, personalized study with world-class faculty, and the freedom and support to pursue individual interests. The best way to experience what we have to offer is to visit! Both prospective students and parents are encouraged to meet the faculty, visit a class or lesson, or attend a concert or rehearsal.
Please make arrangements for your visit well in advance by contacting the individual professor.
Auditions will be held on Friday, February 8 and Saturday, February 9, 2013.
Majors and non-majors alike are eligible for a variety of music scholarships.
UVU has a variety of scholarships for in-state and out-of-state students ranging from $500 to full tuition.
1. Be a high school graduate with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
or a transfer student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
or a current UVU student with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
2. Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours).
3. Be enrolled in private lessons.
4. Fulfill large/small ensemble performing requirements.
Award recipients will be notified through their UVLink email.
Whether or not you are awarded a performing scholarship please consider applying for other forms of financial aid through UVU's Financial Aid Office.
Scholarship Audition Process
Scholarship auditions and interviews are approximately 15 minutes long and enable you to meet and perform for the faculty. Unlike many other schools, the Music Department does not charge an additional fee for scheduling auditions. A live audition is an excellent way to determine if UVU is a good fit for your musical and educational goals.Steps in the scholarship audition process:
1. Apply to Utah Valley University and record your student UVID number. You will need this for the audition form.
2. Prepare an audition program that fulfills your area's audition repertoire requirements.
3. Download, complete, and return the "Exceptional Performance Scholarship Application and Audition Form".
The file is in .pdf form and can opened and completed on your computer using Adobe Reader 9.1. Download a free copy of the software here.
4. Print and mail the form to:
Admission Application for [Piano/Strings/Winds/Brass/Voice/Percussion]
Music Department, Box 165
800 W. University Pkwy
Orem, UT 84058
5. Contact the faculty member in charge of your area by phone or email to schedule a specific audition time.
|Dr. Hilary Demske, email@example.com, 801-863-7360|
|Dr. Donna Fairbanks, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-863-6538|
Dr. Matthew Nelson, matthew.nelson
|Dr. Jeb Wallace, email@example.com, 801-863-6537|
|Dr. Tyler Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-863-5420|
|Dr. Doug Smith, email@example.com, 801-863-5408|
If you are unable to audition on February 8th and 9th, please contact the faculty member directly to schedule an earlier appointment.
General questions can be answered by calling us at 801-863-6480.
We look forward to seeing you at Utah Valley University!