The following music courses are highly popular and require no musical background:
- MUSC 1010 Introduction to Music. A course designed to make music more meaningful.
Studies melody, harmony, form, and rhythm together with historical and biographical
- MUSC 1030 American Popular Music. Studies the emergence, development, and characteristics
of American music including Jazz, Blues, Country, Rock, Motown, Hip-Hop, and other
- MUSC 102G Introduction to World Music. Explores diverse music throughout the world.
Studies melody, harmony, form, and rhythm in international historical and cultural
- MUSC 1050 Beginning Piano I. Provides group instruction for students with little or
no piano and note-reading experience.
- MUSC 1100 Fundamentals of Music. Studies the fundamentals of music theory including
pitch notation, meter, rhythm, time signatures, intervals, scales, key signatures,
- MUSC 1170 Group Guitar I. Teaches fundamental skills in playing popular guitar styles.
- MUSC 1400 Music Technology I. Examines the fundamental concepts and usage of technologies
- MUSC 1630 Group Voice I. Provides group instruction in the development of vocal skills.