Using Identity Finder's Mac Client to Scan for PSI
- Before you start the scan you may want to specify which identities you would like
the scan to search for. Do this by selecting the “Identities” tab at the top and choosing
any number of identities from the drop down menu. At the very least you should have
“Social Security” and “Credit Card” selected.
- Now you are ready to start the search. Select “Start” in the top left corner of Identity
- The Identity Finder Status window should now open and show you the status of the search.
Searches typically take around 30 minutes to complete. The scan time is based on how
much information needs to be searched and the power of the computer.
- When the search is complete the Identity Finder Status window will be replaced by
this notification. Click "OK" to close it and return to the status window.
- The status window now shows that the search has completed and gives you some statistics
on the duration of the search and what was found/searched. Close this window to get
back to the main application and begin reviewing results.
Evaluating Scan Results Using the Identity Finder Client on Mac
Identity Finder's Mac Documentation
Return to Top