Using Identity Finder's Windows Client to Scan for PSI
- Before you start a scan you may want to specify which identities you would like the scan to search for. Do this by selecting the “Identities” tab at the top and choosing any number of identities from the “AnyFind” area. At the very lease you should have “Social Security” and “Credit Card” selected.
- Now specify the locations you would like searched. Navigate to the “Location” tab at the top and select any number of these locations. At the very least you should search “Files”, “My Computer”, “Compressed Files”, “Emails”, and “Email Attachments”.
- Now you are ready to start the search. Navigate to the “Main” tab at the top and select “Start” under the “Search” section.
- The Identity Finder Status window should now open and show you the status of the search. Searches typically take around 30 minutes to complete. The scan time is based on how much information needs to be searched and the power of the computer.
- When the search is complete the Identity Finder Notification Icon will display a small text window to let you know the search is complete.
- You can now go back to the Identity Finder application by clicking this notification. The Identity Finder Search Summary will display and ask you how you would like to proceed with evaluating the results. Select the “Advanced” option.
- Here is a link to the tutorial for evaluating scan results using the Identity Finder client on a Windows machine.