Online Grading Instructions
FINAL GRADE INSTRUCTIONS:
Grades must be submitted on line through UVLink
To assure timely processing of grades, please complete the CHECKLIST below.
If you have questions on Final Grades, contact Michelle in Records at ext. 8462.
- Access UVlink at uvlink.uvu.edu
- Log in to UVlink using your UV ID and password
- Click on the Faculty Tab
- Go to Teaching in the left column under Selected Menu
- Under Faculty Grade Assignment, choose Final Grades then click Go
- If course and term are not listed, click on More (this will show classes previously graded or those now available for grading.)
- Scroll down through the list and click on the triangle next to the course you wish
to grade, (you must click on the symbol, not the course) it will either be green or
yellow. (Hover cursor over the symbol to see description.)
Green Triangle = Not Started
Yellow Triangle = Missing Grades
Green Check Mark = All Grades Entered
Blue Check Mark = Completed
Red Circle = No Enrollment
- Clicking on any of the above symbols will bring up the Final Grade Worksheet.
- A LETTER GRADE MUST BE ENTERED FOR EACH STUDENT.
- Enter grades and last attend dates. Last attend dates are only required for UW grades.
Last attend dates may be submitted by doing one of the following:
• Entering the actual date (MM/DD/YYYY)
• Entering NA if never attended - a grade of UW must also be entered
• Checking the “Attend Date Unknown” box, a grade of UW must also be entered
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Important: Grades for each individual page must be submitted BEFORE continuing on
to the next page.
- To select another course for grading, either:
• Click on “Back to Faculty/Advisor Tab” near the top of the page and repeat process
beginning at step number 4.
• Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on CRN Selection (you will need to know
the CRN of the course you want to grade).
- To verify that grades have been submitted , click on “Confirm Grade Submission” button.
Once you have done this, you may obtain a spreadsheet of grades by clicking “Send
Federal regulations require that the LAST DATE OF ATTENDANCE be given for UW grades.
Please note this in the LAST DATE column. (YYYYMMDD)
Assign grades in the following manner:
- Assign UW’s to students who have never attended the course but who still appear on the final
- Assign E’s to students who finished the course but who failed to achieve a grade above an
E according to the class grading scale.
- Incomplete (I) grades are given for extenuating circumstances only as defined in the UVU Catalog under Academic Policies and Standards. If an I grade is given, an Incomplete Grade Form indicating work completed and work to be completed must be signed by the Department
Chair and turned into the Records Office. If work is not completed within one year,
the I automatically becomes and E.
- W indicates official withdrawal. Instructors are not authorized to given a grade of
W, but are required to submit last date of attendance.
- AU indicates AUDIT. Instructors are not authorized to give a grade of AU.
- The Grades of CR and NC are valid only for designated classes and should not otherwise be used.
FOR ADDITIONAL GRADING STANDARDS SEE THE UVU CATALOG (Academic Policies and Standards)
Except for computer‑generated withdrawal or audit, instructors are responsible to
record a letter‑grade for each student whose name is listed.
If a name is not listed, the student is not registered and must see Registration.
- Enter a letter grade for each student in GRADE column.
- You do not need to enter a grade if a W or an AU grade already appear in the Grade
on Record column.
- Indicate LAST DAY OF ATTENDANCE for all E, UW, I, W, and AU grades. (YYYYMMDD) If
student never attended, input last date as the first day of the semester/term.
- Enter only valid grades (A+ and F are not valid grades).
The Federal Privacy Act prohibits the posting of student’s names or Social Security
numbers to inform them of their grades.