What is UVAnnounce
UVAnnounce is the preferred internal communications method used to disseminate information
to the campus community.
Internal campus communication tools, such as UVAnnounce, are governed by the University
- University Marketing has administrative and editorial control of UVAnnounce messages
and their content. Appeals of these editorial decisions can be made to Executive Subcommittee of the University Communications Committee.
- Announcements can be submitted by any student, or employee of the University.
- Announcements content guidelines:
- Announcements should be related to the mission and business of UVU.
- Commercial and 3rd party announcements are not allowed.
- Announcements should not contain ALL CAPS or extra punctuation !!!.
- Headlines are limited to 52 characters.
- An announcement should have only one tag.
- Highlighted or high priority announcements for messages that need increased visibility
as determined by University Marketing. Ones the Marketing or Administration would
like to highlight
- Announcements are approved by University Marketing or the Office of Information Technologies.
- Those approving announcements may edit message to clarify content.
- UVAnnounce is available as part of the UVU's intranet portal system (myUVU).
- A weekly digest of UVAnnounce is emailed to students, faculty and staff each Wednesday
- Announcements need to be submitted by Wednesday at noon in order to be included in
the weekly email.
What is UVYouNeedtoKnow
UVYouNeedtoKnow announcement are for time‐sensitive items that may occur midweek before
UVAnnounce comes out or Presidential / VP priorities that need high visibility.
- Announcements are submitted, approved and disseminated using the UVAnnounce system
- The President’s office has editorial control and approves UVYouNeedtoKnow announcements,
after approval by a divisional VP.
- An effort is made to keep these type of announcements at a minimum so as not to dilute
or diminish the value of this communications method.
Instructions for submitting announcements to UVAnnounce
- Announcements can be submitted at https://uvannounce.uvu.edu/
or in myUVU by clicking "Submit an Announcement" located at the top right of the
- Headline - give your announcement a title - there is a limit of 60 characters
- Details - this is the body of the announcement
- Website or e-mail - where further information can be found or how you can be contacted
- Announcement run date – indicate when you want the announcement to start and end -
the maximum is 14 days
- Tags - please select the one option that best applies
- Attachments - indicate where the attachment can be found on the web
- Review your announcement – checking grammar and spelling
- If everything is correct, submit the announcement for approval.