- Go to www.google.com and sign in to your Google account. If you don't have a Google account, be sure to sign up for a free Google account.
- Once you have signed in to your Google account, navigate to Google+ by clicking the
+You link at the top left of the page.
- If you have never set up your Google+ profile, do so now by following the step-by-step instructions on the page.
- Click on the "Hangouts" link towards the bottom of the navigation bar on the left
of the page.
- If you are the one starting the Hangout, click "Start Hangout" in the top right of
the page. If someone else has invited you to a hangout, click the "Hang Out" button
associated with the Hangout you want to join.
- If you have never installed the Google+ Hangouts plugin, do so now.
- If you are the one who started the Hangout there are a few options for you to choose
before the Hangout starts.
- Invite people to hang out - You can do this by typing in their Google account information or by inviting groups of people from the drop down list
- Name the hangout
- Enable Hangouts On Air - Selecting this option will allow you to broadcast your Hangout
live and record it as a YouTube video.
- Once you have completed step 3, click "Hangout"
For more information visit www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/