Graduate Writing Center
About the Graduate Writing Center
We are located in the main Writing Center, LI 208.
The Graduate Writing Center exists to serve the needs of graduate students in education, nursing, and business at UVU as well as faculty members in all departments.
Services and Resources
We Concentrate On
- Meeting standards of academic and professional writing
- Pre-writing strategies for longer projects
- Developing students' skills in writing, research, and citation
- Providing chances to dialogue about research
- Addressing individual questions and concerns
How We Work
The Graduate Writing Center works with students one-on-one or in groups to address all order of writing concerns: argument, organization, style, and formatting. The goal of the Writing Center is ultimately to help students become independent professionals in their fields; thus, we work actively with students to identify concerns and make improvements at all stages of the research process. While we will gladly address questions of grammar and style during tutorials, we do not function as an editing service.
All Writing Center services are free to students. Appointments are usually one hour and walk-in appointments are often available.