About the Writing Center
Purpose: The UVU Writing Center and OWL provide a space where students of all disciplines may further their understanding of writing principles and enhance writing skills.
(801) 863-8936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Leigh Ann Copas, email@example.com, (801) 863-8099
Resources and Services
Suggestions for Successful Tutorials
- Allow yourself plenty of time for revision.
- Come with specific goals. Tutorials guided by student concerns and instructor feedback are often most effective.
- Bring in the assignment description.
- Bring a copy of the paper (unless in the prewriting stage).
- Come prepared to ask questions, participate in the tutorial process, and be receptive to feedback.
About the Community Writing Center at Orem Public Library
The Community Writing Center (CWC) at the Orem Public Library provides FREE writing resources for the Utah Valley community. This center is funded through a phased grant from the Center of Engaged Learning. The CWC will provide coaching sessions, workshops, and handouts.
Interested in improving your writing skills? Learn how to write your local government leaders, letters to the editor, scholarship essays, class assignments, cover letters, resumes, family histories, and more. We help patrons of all ages from all backgrounds.