PACE Distinguished Employees Awards
Full-time and part-time employees of Utah Valley University are recognized for exceptional performance through the PACE Distinguished Employee Award program. Through these awards, exceptional UVU employees are acknowledged by their peers to be outstanding in their professions and to embody exemplary character traits and work ethics.
Candidates for this prestigious award are recognized to possess one or more of the following characteristics:
- Contribute to advancing the core themes of UVU's unique mission (engaged, inclusive, serious, student success).
- A tendency to contribute new ideas or processes.
- An ability to create goodwill for UVU in the community and within their own departments.
Each year, up to eight full-time PACE employees are selected as Distinguished Employees of the Year and are awarded $1,000 each. Additionally, up to four part-time employees in non-student positions are selected and awarded $500 each.
Recipients of this award:
- must have been employed full-time for three years or part-time for one year;
- cannot have received the award in the previous five years;
- have been chosen by the following process:
- Peers complete the PACE nomination form and submit to the Chair of the PACE Employee Recognition Committee.
- Nominees' names are then forwarded to the PACE Distinguished Employee Award Committee.
- Upon submission to the Committee, nominees are all considered equal regardless of the number of nominations received.
- The Committee evaluates candidates through nomination statements, supervisor comments and conversations with associates of the candidates.
- The Committee then recommends up to eight full-time and up to four part-time (non-student position) candidates to the PACE Executive Board for final approval. The awards are presented by the PACE President, the President-Elect, and the Distinguished Employee Award Committee Members.