The Utah Valley University Department of Physics is pleased to welcome attendees from the Four Corner States and other parts of the US to its first APS Four Corners Section Meeting. This meeting is geared towards students. We hope you enjoy hearing talks from a variety of fields in physics and meeting Dr. John Hall, a Nobel Laureate.
LocationUtah Valley University
"Click Here" to download
Abstract/Early Registration Deadline
Save money by registering early!!! The deadline is September 12, 2014
"Click Here" to download full program (coming soon!)
Banquet Speaker, Dr. Margaret Kivelson, “From outer space to the ocean floor: Magnetic fields in the solar system”
Student Luncheon with Nobel Laureate, Dr. John Hall
Industrial Panel luncheon
• Dr. John Hall, NIST/JILA/CU-Boulder, "Applications of The Optical Frequency Comb”
• Dr. Richard Ellis, Caltech, "Cosmic Dawn: Searching for the First Galaxies"
• Dr. Victor Klimov, LANL, "Quantum Dots with Engineered Interfaces for light-emitting diodes"
• Dr. John Spence, ASU/LBNL,"Imaging Molecular Machines with an X-ray Laser"
• Dr. Dennis Parker, U of U, "Developing technology for MRI guided high-intensity focused ultrasound"
• Dr. Paul Grant, IBM/EPRI, "From electrons paired to electric power delivered- A personal journey in research and applications of superconductivity at IBM, EPRI, and beyond"
Link to APS meeting information. "Click Here"