Policy Office MissionThe Policy Office serves as the centralized policy administration function for the institution. In this capacity the Policy Office assists individuals in their policy development roles (e.g. policy sponsor, policy steward (originator), drafting committee, etc.), and ensures the quality of writing and consistency of voice throughout the policies. The Policy Office ensures the proper functioning of The Online Policy System (TOPS) © 2007 UVU, the institution's official online policy management and tracking system.
Other administrative functions assigned to the Policy Office include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the process for creating and revising policy;
- Assisting in the drafting of policy;
- Cataloging the current policies;
- Managing the institution’s policy web pages and links to other pages on the institution’s web site;
- Maintaining an archive of retired policies;
- Communicating new policy to the campus community;
- Training campus groups and individuals in the institution’s official policy development and review processes; and
- Developing and networking a community of policy writers.