|Title||In-classification Salary Increases for Non-Faculty Employees||Number||354|
|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Mar 10,2005|
|Subsection||Compensation and Benefits||Effective Date||Mar 10,2005|
The institution endeavors through its operating units to recognize the career progression and development of non-exempt and exempt staff who by virtue of their motivation, initiative, abilities, and excellence in performance are regularly assigned and held accountable for the most complex and significant projects, assignments, and responsibilities in their classification.
A request for an in-classification career salary increase is intitiated by the supervisor, reviewed by the Dean, Director, Department Head or designee, and approved by the appropriate Vice President in consultation with the Director of Human Resource Services/Equity Officer.
Implementation of the in-classification career salary increase request shall be based on all of the following criteria being met:
- The more complex and significant projects, assignments, and responsibilities of the job classification are assigned on a regular basis to the employee.
- The employee has demonstrated the attainment of a significantly higher level of knowledge and skills which are specific to the job classification and functional area.
- The employee's most recent performance appraisal, within the last twelve months, and within the current job classification, reflects job requirements being exceeded or better.
- Confirmation that funds have been identified and authorized by the appropriate administrator to support the salary increase.
- The amount of the proposed increase should be justified and equitable when compared to others in the department.
- Twelve or more months have elapsed since the employee's last in-classification career salary increase.
An administrator may request that a regular non-exempt or exempt staff employee who meets all of the defined criteria above be granted an in-classification career salary increase subject to the following standard:
- An amount that will increase the employee's rate of pay up to the midpoint of the salary range, or
- An amount no greater than 10% of the employee's current salary, not to exceed the maximum.
The Director of Human Resource Services/Equity Officer may approve a salary in exception to these standards if the appropriate administrator submits a written request which specifies the reason(s) and appropriate justification for an exception.
For More Information, contact the Campus Policy Administrator: Cameron Martin, Assistant to the President Office Location: AD-218 Campus Mail Code #186 Mailing Address: 800 West University Parkway, Orem, UT 84058 Phone: (801) 863-8245 Fax: (801) 226-5207 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org