Utah Valley University
Policies and Procedures
|Title||Sick Leave Pool||Number||355|
|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Feb 11,1999|
|Subsection||Compensation and Benefits||Effective Date||Feb 11,1999|
- The institution will establish on an as needed basis a reserve or pool of sick leave days to be used by full-time salaried employees. Contributions to the pool will be voluntary only. Draws from the pool will be permitted only in serious/catastrophic cases.
An employee may not use any combination of his/her own sick leave and the sick leave pool longer than five months without applying for Long Term Disability and Social Security Disability.
- This pool is to be generated for a specific inpidual employee at the time of need, strictly on a volunteer basis.
- An employee desiring to contribute to this pool must:
- Turn in a short term leave slip.
- In the comments section, explain that the sick leave is to go into a specific employee's pool.
- The employee having exhausted his or her own available sick leave,
- Availability of days in the pool, and
- An administrative determination by the Department Head in consultation with the Director, Human Resources that the case is serious/catastrophic.