Utah Valley University
Policies and Procedures
|Title||Termination Clearance for Hourly Employees||Number||374|
|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Feb 08,1996|
|Subsection||Disciplinary Sanctions and Terminations||Effective Date||Feb 08,1996|
To protect both the employee and the institution, the institution requires departments to perform exit clearances for terminated hourly employees.
- Once an hourly employee is terminated, the personnel coordinator:
- Collects all department equipment from employee.
- Cancels computer authorization.
- Clears employee with all applicable departments:
- Library (overdue books/films/screens)
- Parking Services (parking sticker/remote/tickets)
- Business Office (bad checks/travel advances)
- Physical Plant (keys/lockers/key codes)
- Warehouse (linen/mail box keys)
- Purchasing Office (limited purchase checks)
- Activity Center (lockers/equipment)
- Personnel Office (mark "terminated" on PAF and/or time card; note date and whether voluntary or involuntary termination)
- Notifies employee that a final paycheck is available for pick up from the personnel coordinator upon clearance.
- Adjunct faculty members are not automatically terminated at the end of each term. When a department chair determines that an adjunct faculty member will not be returning to the department, the termination proceedings outlined above should be initiated.
The Hourly Termination Form