|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Mar 09,2006|
|Subsection||Conditions of Employment||Effective Date||Mar 09,2006|
- Various university departments require or need their employees to be identifiable and visible. To help make the employees identifiable and visible standard uniform dress is required. This policy is to identify those groups of employees and to establish a procedure for providing the uniforms.
- Uniform - a uniform will be clothing, such as shirts, pants, jackets, hats, coats, footwear, or other work related clothing or a combination of these items. The clothing will be the same color, style, logo, brand for each specific group.
A. To promote a professional image and to readily identify university employees, uniforms will be required for various employee groups. Employee groups requiring uniforms will be defined in procedure and will be provided and owned by the university.
- Each department will determine if uniforms or identification is required. The individual departments will determine the uniform or identification requirement.
- Uniforms or identification will be provided for daily wear by the department or school and must be maintained in a neat and orderly appearance by employees. The exact uniform or identification must be approved by the appropriate associate or assistant vice president.
- Uniforms are provided, inventoried and remains the property of the university and will be returned upon termination. Uniforms may be replaced during the year if they are worn out or destroyed during university use.
- The university may at times purchase logo wear items for use by an individual employee when the primary purpose is to serve a bona fide business need rather than a primary benefit to employees.
- Uniform purchases must go through the university purchasing procedures and be approved by the appropriate vice president.
- Each department will be responsible for establishing procedures for handling uniforms, including use, turn in, and replacement requirements.