Utah Valley University
Policies and Procedures
|Title||Annual Compensation and Benefits Plan||Number||351|
|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Aug 12,2004|
|Subsection||Compensation and Benefits||Effective Date||Aug 12,2004|
- Annual Compensation/Benefit Plan
The institution shall provide an annual compensation/benefit plan as established by the president and approved by the Board of Trustees. Insofar as is possible, the compensation/benefit plan shall be:
- Adequate- meeting minimum governmental, institutional, labor market, and employee requirements;
- Equitable- paying employees fairly in line with job requirements, effort, performance, abilities, education, training, and so on;
- Cost Effective- being within the scope of what the college can afford to pay based on legislated and other funding sources;
- Balanced- providing a reasonable combination of pay, benefits, and other rewards; and
- Motivational- providing enough incentive for employees to be efficient, effective, and productive in their work.
- Salary and Wage Schedules
Salary and hourly wage schedules for faculty, classified, and student employees shall be reviewed and published annually as part of the institution's compensation/benefit plan. Current schedules are maintained in the Personnel Office.
- Employee Benefits
The institution's annual compensation/benefit plan shall define employee benefits for a given year.
- PAY DAYS AND PAY CHECK PROCEDURES
- Pay Days for Hourly Employees
The standard pay days for employees paid on an hourly basis are the 1st and 16th of each month. Checks issued on the 1st are for work performed from the 1st to the 15th of the previous month. Checks issued on the 16th are for work performed from the 16th to the end of the previous month. Generally, time cards must be submitted two working days after the last working day of the pay period. Payments for late time cards will be paid on the next payroll.
- Pay Days for Adjunct Faculty
The standard pay days for adjunct faculty will be the 1st and 16th of each month during the semester. Total adjunct pay is spread in even payments throughout each semester.
- Pay Days for Overload Faculty and Staff
Full-time faculty or staff who are contracted to teach by semester appointment will receive equal payments spread over the semester taught. These payments will be paid as part of regular contract paychecks on the 1st and 16th of each month.
- Pay Days for Salaried Employees
The standard pay days for salaried employees are the 1st and 16th of each month. Checks issued on the 1st are for the work performed during the last half of the previous month; those issued on the 16th are for work performed during the first half of the current month.
- Pay Days that Fall on a Weekend or a Holiday
When a standard pay day falls on a Saturday, checks are issued on Friday. When a pay day falls on Sunday, checks are issued on Monday. If pay day falls on a holiday on Friday, checks are issued on Thursday. If the holiday falls on any other week day, checks are issued the following day.
- Pickup Procedures
Checks and direct deposit pay stubs will be disbursed on payday by the payroll coordinator. All employees are assigned to the coordinator of the department where the greatest percentage of pay is received. Special arrangements may be made for check distribution (hold, mail, etc.) during vacation or holidays with the payroll coordinator.
- Direct Deposit
University employees are encouraged to have their pay checks deposited directly to a bank account via magnetic wire transfers. Forms and additional information are available from departmental personnel coordinators and the Payroll Office.