|Title||Associated Student Ombuds Office||Number||531|
|Section||Student Affairs||Approval Date||Dec 09,1993|
|Subsection||Student Clubs and ASUVSC Services||Effective Date||Dec 09,1993|
UVUSA maintains an Ombuds Office under the direction of the Associated Students organization. The Ombuds is appointed each academic year by a Student Government appointing committee chaired by the Student Body President.
The institution hereby recognizes the establishment of the Associated Students of Utah Valley University Ombuds Office.
- The Ombuds Office will address current issues and personal problems facing UVU students in their relationships with UVU, with other UVU students, and with landlords.
- The Ombuds will assist students in finding solutions to issues and problems facing currently enrolled UVU students. These issues and problems may include issues between:
- Student and Faculty
- Student and Landlord
- Student and institution including policy issues
- The Ombuds will not engage in any adversarial relationship with any party. A position of neutrality will guide the Ombuds' efforts. The Ombuds will provide all evidence of wrongdoing or evidence of unjust policies and procedures, if any, in an effort to bring about an equitable solution between the parties and in order to set a precedent for similar issues in the future.
- The Ombuds is appointed and supported by UVUSA and is not an employee of the institution. With the approval and financial support of UVUSA, the Ombuds may obtain legal advice, but may not retain legal counsel for any student.