Utah Valley University
Policies and Procedures
|Title||Equal Employment, Education Opportunity, and Affirmative Action||Number||301|
|Section||Human Resources||Approval Date||Jun 18,1992|
|Subsection||Hiring Practices||Effective Date||Jun 18,1992|
- Utah Valley University shall recruit, employ, retain, promote and make all employment decisions on the basis of an individual's qualifications and ability to perform in his/her respective position without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy-related condition, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, unless such is a bona fide occupational qualification. Neither discrimination nor harassment will be permitted in any area, activity, or instructional program of the institution.
- Affirmative action shall be taken and additional efforts shall be made to identify areas where underutilization of women and members of minority groups occurs at the institution and appropriate action will be initiated in employment procedures and practices.
- Supervisors, administrators, and other personnel of the institution shall make decisions on faculty and staff employment matters, with final approval as required.
- All institution employees, applicants for employment, students, and applicants for admission shall be maintained and operated on a non-discriminatory basis.
- It is the responsibility of designated officers of the institution to make decisions on faculty/staff employment matters and the admission and retention of students in accordance with the policies, procedures, and affirmative action goals established by the institution, with final approval as required by the Board of Trustees.