|Title||Reporting Organizational Changes||Number||105|
|Section||Governance, Organization, and General Information||Approval Date||Feb 10,2005|
|Subsection||Governance and Organization||Effective Date||Feb 10,2005|
All changes in the organizational structure (i.e., department name changes, combining or splitting of schools or departments, creation or elimination of units, departments, programs, etc.) shall be approved by the Vice President(s) with stewardship over the affected structure(s) and must comply with Regent and other institutional policy(s) (reference: Utah State Board of Regents Policies R 220, R400-R419, and/or institutional policies C-5.5 Academic Freedom and Professional Responsibility, C-7.5 Bona Fide Financial Exigency and Human Resources Reduction, F-1.2 Annual Academic Program Review, F-3.4 Curriculum). The President, in consultation with the Board of Trustees, may effect institutional administrative organizational changes. Furthermore, as these approvals are completed, notification, as specified in the subsequent procedures, shall be sent to all vested parties.
- Communication of Changes to the Organization
The Office of the President or of the respective Vice President that approves the change(s) is responsible to complete an Organizational Change and Restructuring Form and submit the form to the Office of Human Resource Services within five business days of final approval of the change.
Notification to the Office of Human Resource Services by the President or the respective Vice Presidents by the 10th day of the month shall be required to effectuate change throughout the organization by the 1st day of the next month or the effective date of the change whichever is later.
The Office of Human Resource Services shall establish and maintain a notification process among all units with recordkeeping, fiscal, appraisal and other accountability. The process of notification shall implement the college's currently available technology resources (i.e., workflow). Every effort shall be made to ensure that all responsible entities are notified, including, but not limited to, the Budget Office, Business Office, and Information Technology.
The Office of Human Resource Services shall appoint a person who has the responsibility to notify all units with recordkeeping, fiscal, appraisal, and other accountability of any properly authorized and reported organizational changes. This person shall be responsible for enterprise-wide notification. Any party needing access to organizational change information shall gain access through this person.
- The Organizational Chart
The Office of Human Resource Services shall appoint a person who has the responsibility to maintain the organization chart on behalf of the institution. This person shall be responsible for all notification internal and external to the Human Resource Department.
All units with recordkeeping, fiscal, appraisal, and other accountability will be notified by the Office of Human Resource Services of any change in personnel that reflects on the organizational chart.
- Fiscal Responsibilities
- The Business Office and the Budget Office shall each appoint a person who has the responsibility to update all financial managers and their respective line of fiscal approval/authority based on information received from the Office of Human Resource Services. Each of these persons shall be responsible for all notification internal to either the Business Office or the Budget Office respectively.
- Enterprise Directory Functionality
- The Office of Information Technology shall appoint a person who has the responsibility to update all employees in the enterprise directory based on information received from the Office of Human Resource Services. This person shall be responsible for all notification internal to the Office of Information Technology.
- Dual Reports In the event that an organizational change resolts in a circumstance where an employee or department reports to two separate operational entities in the organizational structure, all involved Vice Presidents shall meet and agree on a primary and secondary reporting line for fiscal and employee appraisal accountability purposes.
- Reporting of Error and Compliance All errors in organizational structure need to be communicated to the Office of the Vice President of Administrative Services, which maintains the stewardship of compliance for this policy. Correction of errors shall be authorized by the Vice President of Administrative Services and reported to the Office of Human Resource Services for notification of all units with related recordkeeping, fiscal, appraisal, and other accountability.