By establishing specific requirements for all members of the institutional community, policies connect the institution's mission to:
- individual conduct
- institutional compliance with laws and regulations
- mitigation of institutional risk, and
- enhanced institutional productivity and efficiency.
It is essential that policies be principle-based, well written, legally compliant, effectively communicated, and accessible to all members of the campus community, including students, faculty, staff, administrators and the general public.
The following tools are available to assist in policy development:
- Policy Template
- Approval Process (Policy on Polices)
- Writing Guide
- Approval Process Flowchart (pdf)
- Tracking System
- The Online Policy System (TOPS) © 2007 UVU where anyone can easily access policies under development or revision, and where Stewards and Sponsors can receive comments pertaining to a particular policy proposal.
- Policy and Procedure Manual, where current policies and procedures can be readily accessed, including a newly developed search capability.