Download the GPA calculator to track your GPA. Although the calculator is specific
to MD medical schools, it is still a useful tool for other health professions programs.
Most programs will calculate your GPA in a similar way - science GPA, non-science
GPA and cumulative GPA. Be sure to follow the guidelines below for the most accurate
- Include every course you have taken for college credit even if you have retaken the
- Include transfer credit from other schools you have attended.
- DO medical schools do not include Math courses in the BCPM and will only use the most
recent grade if a course has been retaken.
- Dental schools do not include Math courses in the BCPM.
- PharmCAS calculates MATH as a GPA separate from science and non-science.
- Biology courses include BIOL, MICRO, BOT and ZOOL.
- Physics courses include ASTR.
- Exercise Science courses that are science based (Kinesiology, Biomechanics, etc.)
should be calculated with the science GPA.
- Pass/Fail courses are not included in the GPA.