University Awards of Excellence
Trustees Awards & Presidential Excellence Awards
The University Awards of Excellence program recognizes faculty and staff who dedicate their time and talents to students, scholarship and the advancement of higher education. This year, the UVU Board of Trustees elected to recognize five employees for their contributions to forwarding UVU's mission. The Presidential Awards of Excellence highlight faculty and staff for their efforts in key areas related to UVU's mission and core themes.
View This Year's Awards Recipients
Presidential Awards of Excellence Nomination Information
The UVU Presidential Awards of Excellence are designed to recognize UVU employees who advance the mission of the university in core areas. The award
categories are as follows:
• PRESIDENTIAL TEACHING AWARD – Recognizes one full-time faculty member for the demonstration of outstanding teaching.
• PRESIDENTIAL ENGAGEMENT AWARD – Recognizes one full-time employee for their commitment to engaged learning and/or community engagement.
• PRESIDENTIAL STUDENT SUCCESS AWARD – Recognizes one full-time employee for dedication to student success, college navigation, and overall student
• PRESIDENTIAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS – This category give the President the option of awarding individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the areas
of innovation, scholarship, service, leadership, efficiency, effectiveness, and/or inclusion.
To be eligible, nominated employees need to have exited their introductory period and not be on probation.
NOMINATION PROCEDURE1. Complete nomination packet will include the following components:
- Nomination cover sheet
Download Presidential Award Form (pdf)
- Nomination letter from the individual or a fellow employee. This letter should be no longer than two pages and should address the unique ways the nominee has
demonstrated excellence in teaching, engagement, student success support, and/or any of the areas designated above.
- One brief letter of support from the individual’s Vice President to the President. □A current resumé, vitae, or summary of professional accomplishments for the
2. Nomination deadline is 5 p.m., January 25, 2013. All nominations are to be submitted to Karen Olsen in BA218.