Other LPC Policies and Procedures
- The check number should appear on all receipts
and other documentation related to the purchase.
- The University, as a state agency, is exempt
from Utah sales and use taxes. Do not pay these taxes. (Sales Tax Exempt Form)
- Departments and other operating units are
accountable for promptly depositing cash refunds into university accounts.
This money may not be used to supplement petty cash funds. All reimbursements for expenses
made with LPCs should be deposited at the Cashiers Office using the Index
tied to the check and the Account code 720535. A copy of the deposit form should be turned into Purchasing
along with the check copy.
- When returning unused check stock, do not
write “void” or in any other way damage the use of the check.
- Fraudulent use of Limited Purchase Checks will
result in the loss of the privilege to use this means of making small
dollar purchases, and may also result in disciplinary action up to and
including termination of employment and full restitution to the University
for all related, sustained losses. Fraudulent use includes:
- Forging an authorized signature or signing a
Limited Purchase Check without authority.
- Using the Limited Purchase Check for personal
- Returning goods purchased with the Limited
Purchase Check for cash without fully reimbursing the university.
- Accepting refunds for goods or services
purchased with the Limited Purchase Check without fully reimbursing the
- Exceptions to any of the procedures found
herein may be granted by Purchasing.