Prohibited Uses of LPCs
Limited Purchase Checks cannot be used for the following purposes:
- Preparation, signing, and presenting a Limited Purchase Check for an amount greater than the limit on the face of the check.
- Using more than one check to pay for a single purchase.
- A single item or group of items that cost more than the limit printed on the face of the check cannot be divided among two or more Limited Purchase Checks.
- Restricted purchases or special procurement items such as:
- Advertisements for personnel recruiting
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cash Awards or Prizes
- Computers, including desktops, laptops, Macs, and tablets (computer accessories are acceptable)
- Fabricated Equipment
- Fines, late fees, or penalties, including parking tickets
- Furniture of any kind
- Gifts (Gifts for employees in accordance with the
Employee Appreciation and Recognition
policy (Policy 211) are acceptable)
- Hotels, Motels, Housing, or other Lodging (including deposits and holds)
- Independent contractors
- Monogrammed items
- Performers or Speakers
- Personal purchases
- Repair or alterations of University physical facilities
- Services provided by University faculty, staff, or students
- Telephones or other telecommunications devices or service (including cell phones)
- Travel, including reimbursements, for University employees or guests
- Upgrading capital equipment
- Vehicle rentals
- LPCs cannot be used for electronic check payments, online or over the phone.
- Any procurement prohibited under the Appropriateness of Expenditures Policy (Policy 204).
- LPCs may not be used for items for which there is a campus standard.